On Saturday, October 22, 2016, from 11am – 3pm, the Architecture Lobby will host a “Think-In” at UCLA, where invited panelists and a professional facilitator will critically debate and discuss topics most integral to the aims of the Architecture Lobby, including: architecture labor and labor rights, the pros / cons of professionalization, the perceptions of architects within the media,and emerging pedagogical models. The Think-In is free and open to the public, and all interested students, academics, or practitioners are strongly encouraged to join the discussion.
- Frances Anderson, KCRW (DnA, Design and Architecture)
- Will Carson, 64North, UCLA
- Peggy Deamer, Yale University and The Architecture Lobby
- Jia Gu, Materials & Applications, The Architecture Lobby
- Tia Koonse, UCLA Labor Center
- Elizabeth Timme, LA-Mas
- Mimi Zeiger, critic and curator, Art Center College of Design, The Architecture Lobby
- Peter Zellner, ZELLNERand Company, USC, Free School of Architecture
- Facilitator: Nancy Alexander
Check out the event on our facebook page: Los Angeles Think-In Event Page
UPDATE 10/24/2016: A big thank you to all who participated in last weekend’s Think-In. We had a great turnout and we have heard a lot of chatter expressing excitement for the future of the LA Chapter. Here are some images of the event.